JOB PURPOSE: To support Detail’s Account Managers with public relations and marketing tasks, as well as office administration, in order to deliver outstanding results for clients.
REPORTS TO: Account Managers (daily) & Agency Director (weekly)
Detail Marketing Communications is seeking a highly-organised, punctual and passionate individual, eager to join an established communications agency. This is a rare opportunity for a recent marketing, public relations or communications graduate (or final year student) to join a leading communications advisory firm to both the corporate and lifestyle industries in Perth.
The Public Relations/Marketing Assistant will report directly to the agency’s Account Managers, and will be responsible for taking on a variety of public relations and marketing tasks that support the successful completion of planned marketing programmes. They will also be responsible for day-to-day administration and office management.
The successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks including media pitching, monitoring and database management, social media scheduling, engagement & monitoring, copywriting, content planning and reporting.
The successful candidate will join a small, tight-knit team in a spacious, light-filled office in Fremantle’s beautiful West End. The starting position is part-time (three days per week), with the opportunity to grow to a full-time position as work load and responsibilities increase.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support Account Manager with pitching stories, developing and sending media kits, and ongoing media correspondence.
- Draft media releases and client copy, with guidance of Account Manager, ensuring accuracy of key messages and brand tone-of-voice.
- Monitor and maintain accurate and up-to-date databases of media contacts (print and digital).
- Manage records of media coverage, clipping and reporting with the support of third-party apps.
- Attend media opportunities as required.
- Work at client events as required (may be outside of normal office hours).
- Take an interest in current affairs and market trends, and read a wide range of local and national news
- Be confident to pick up the phone, talk to the media and sell your story.
- Plan and schedule content for clients across all key social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & LinkedIn), in line with strategy set out by Account Manager.
- Write captions for social media posts, ensuring accuracy of key messages and brand tone-of-voice.
- Support Account Manager with content development and briefs for social media photoshoots.
- Monitor client accounts across all social media platforms as per agreed schedule.
- Engage with account followers in line with strategy set out by Account Manager.
- Respond to post comments appropriately.
- Monitor UGC (User Generated Content), clipping and filing as required.
- Run monthly social media reports, with the support of third-party apps.
- Review updates to social media platforms to share trends and new products with team.
- Manage client content including photography, styleguides, branding materials, media releases and other collateral, naming and filing in line with Detail’s existing file-management framework.
- Prepare meeting agendas, diary notes and set up the meeting room ahead of client meetings.
- Oversee office management to ensure the business runs smoothly and efficiently. This includes morning newspaper and mail pick up, ordering office supplies, tidying kitchen and common areas.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or communications (or final year student)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- A high attention-to-detail
- Outstanding organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Practiced problem solving
- Ability to work autonomously
- Effective time management, including the ability to juggle and meet competing deadlines
- Possess initiative to take on new tasks, and work through challenges methodically
- Computer literacy with Mac is essential
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop is beneficial (but not essential)
- An eye for the aesthetic – everything Detail does must be beautiful
- Applicants must hold a current driver’s license
To apply for the above position, please submit the following material to email@example.com by Monday, 15 February.
- One page cover letter outlining your qualifications and why you meet the Key Selection Criteria
- Two examples of written work, such as a media release, social media post, blog post, news or feature article. These examples can be from university submissions, and do not have to be published works.